Friday, October 21, 2011

Rock-tober

Hi there...

What a fun month so far. Did quite a bit of interesting things, including some admin work. A number of projects have been approved by council-and more importantly buildings are going up now. One of the projects which I started earlier this year (Church of the Resurrection) is finally complete. I haven't seen the end result yet but I am particularly proud of this project. It has a lot of symbolic meaning for me considering my long discouraging search for a job at the beginning of the year. This project gave me "faith" to keep having faith. The fact that I have a family member as a parishioner is like a double whammy. As of late I've done three churches- a blessing really. I've noted with these churches that we have beautified them for a specific purpose, not just for pretty sake. We should never lose sight of why we make things auestectically pleasing or strive for perfection. To live your best life- we need to honour the space in which we occupy.

Another reason why some things look pretty is credit to their details.  Did lots of this this week, as well as some scheduling. Some details were hard to understand and complicated and others straight-forward and simple. But I definitely need some more exposure in this department. 

An eventful week and look forward to the following two.

Cant wait to start building - Hello Elgin!

No comments:

Post a Comment