Friday, April 8, 2011

04-08 APRIL

Another interesting week. Just when you thought you were done-think again!! Two projects had to undergo more changes and I think for the better. Had to put my thinking cap on and play around with my favourate part-designning. I had to swop the braai/entertainment area with the tv room of the complicated house(Marquard) and it made more sense. Spaces seem to flow and open up and it just worked! House Sonn was my favourate yet. Client wanted an additional room and lucky for him the house is now perfectly symmetrical and well balanced. From a T - to an U-floor plan, private and public spaces are now separated harmouniously yet are linked/are in a good relation to each other. Final touches on the elevations still need to be done but when the plan functions and works well-thats the main priority. Had more valuable lessons with Mr Bossman on the design process - what to look for and how to understand your clients needs; the sizes of rooms in relation with each other; how to achieve symmetry/balance/harmony with simple things such as window/pillar placements etc.Saw some pics of good buildings and how not to design.Fun! At the end of all of this excitement I had to do a small change to a block (on autocad). Easy right? Not so much! Had to rotate dimensions and text in two different directions whilse in 3 different blocks! Oh man- when I saw the drawing I nearly cried/wet my pants- I cant tell I was to overwhelmed. The task was easy enough but not when you dealing with large machinery on one level spaning 60m and ducts below NGL on a site larger than 2000m2!!!! (sure this may be small for some but not when you have little experience). And autocad can mess with your mind-for real! Each measurement is of uttmost importance and Mr Bossman entrusted me! an intern!with his life! to do this! a rediculously easy task!that may cost my career!how could he!! I just pray I have the strength to make that daungting change on Monday-Then I'l be able to say I conquered ducts!!!
Happy drawing

1 comment:

  1. Aww no dont get stressed, sounds heavy, but just calmly look at it and take it one step at a time, lol. mwah miss u.

    ReplyDelete