Friday, April 29, 2011

25-29 APRIL

Hi there, excuse the delay in communication but these public holidays just slows things down. And what do you know-yet another one on monday.But Im not complaining. Ive had an eventfull 2 weeks so far. Last week we went on site and measured up a huge industrustial building in Epping,(the one with the ducts below NGL) just to make sure that every measurement is accurate,its a matter of life & death with this one. The project is however progressing nicely, now the nerve-racking part is over. Small projects have been coming in as usual and i've been doing some of the designing and presentation drawings which makes me happy. I started my own project last week, consulted with my first official client (my Aunt-dont tell!!) and its been a blast-doing small projects is really fun,exploring options, giving ideas. Mr Bossman gave me a couple of browsers and catalogues which i regularly collect, they'r helpful and give some direction as to where you headed. Its all I think about. Her house. How its goinig to look.  How the space will change and how it will free her and make her feel- lighter & refreshed. Spaces can do that for you if you know how to treat it. I recently recieved my decorating diploma from intec which i was completing on the side and i just want to beautify everything i see-thats why I'm tackling my grans house-she deserves it and its fun. But my biggest moment came today. Mr Bossman ask me if i would like to spread my wings and be the eagle i'm suppose to be. Not some little birdie locked in a cage. I was scared, it was daunting but i said yes anyway. without fear there wont be anything to overcome. So, i officially met with my first real client, FOR-REAL!! Someone who's not related to me! Found the place, consulted, measured, gave ideas, was'nt intimidated, gave more advice, felt nice, final brief then bid my goodbyes. Sheer bliss. Cant wait to get cracker-lacking on tuesday. fun fun fun.
Have a good workers day on monday-which means dont work!
(until tuesday) - im sorry i had to

No comments:

Post a Comment