Friday, April 1, 2011

APRIL FOOL

Good Day All.

This week was pretty chilled. Doing amendments once again which was very productive. I spoke directly to a client who was very pleased with the drawings I sent her. She would now like to proceed with the next step and I'm extremely chuffed about our little engagement. (I know its a small step-but its a step indeed). We received an additional two small jobs for a boundary wall-nothing out of the ordinary! And finally we came to a point of reference with our "mansion" drawing, which we had to merge with another. It was very confusing and complicated but its starting to come together. Barry and I (the Boss-man) had frequent chats this week about how to conduct ones-self with clients and at council (which I will do progressively during the year) which  was informative. He believes that there are many parts to architecture. 1. Council - running around like a maniac, 2. Designing-sure bliss (at times), 3. Meetings /consulting with clients which can be daunting depending on the client of course and then there are other things involved in architecture aswell. But Barry likes to think that I'm more suited to handle clients-because I have a certain way with people. I would have prefered designing but a compliments a compliment hey and I look forward to working on all of those skills. I also had the opportunity to scan a detailed quote on one particular job. And detailed it was! From sand to sand paper and everything else to the teeny tinyiest of materials including labour, which came to about R40 000.00. A second quote came to literally double the amount with absolutely no detail as to how they arrived at that amount, excluding labour. Lesson-always to your homework!

Enjoyed learning this week. Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment